Please read the following carefully before completing the official entry form.
The deadline for your entry form and all other required enclosures is Tuesday, July 5, 2016.
The Chinese American Civic Council is seeking contestants to compete in the
2016 Miss Chicago Chinatown Pageant on Saturday, August 13, 2016.
The winner may represent the City of Chicago at the 2017 Miss Chinatown USA Pageant in San Francisco.
The Pageant will be held at the Furama Restaurant (Chicago Chinatown) on Saturday, August 13, 2016.
1. Your Father must be Chinese.
2. Application should include the endorsement of a parent or guardian if under 18.
3. You must be:
At least 17 years old and not over 25 on the date of the Pageant.
A single female, never married, and never had a marriage annulled.
A citizen or a permanent resident of the U.S.A.
A permanent resident of Chicago or residing within a 150 mile radius of Chicago.
Proof of the above must be presented with your application. These can be copies of:
Alien Registration or Citizenship Papers (not required if born in U. S.)
A Driver’s License, RECENT Utility or Credit Card Bill with your current Address.
4. You can be a former contestant of the Miss Chicago Chinatown Pageant, but not a “Queen” titleholder. You may not be a “Queen” or first place titleholder of any other previous beauty pageant.
5. Contestants should not be or have ever been a “professional” entertainer or model. You are deemed “professional” if:
Your federal income tax return states your occupation as an entertainer, a model, or singer, etc.
More than half of your working time is spent as a performer.
More than half of your income is derived from performing as an actress, dancer, or a singer, etc.
6. You must be available for:
Mandatory Phone Conference – early July (date and time TBD)
Professional Photo Shoot – the weekend of July 9th & 10th, 2016 (Exact Time TBD)
Rehearsals are in/near Chicago Chinatown on the following tentative dates and times:
Saturday, July 16 from 9am-1pm
Saturday, July 23 from 9am-1pm
Saturday, July 30 from 9am-1pm
Saturday, August 6 from 9am-1pm
Friday, August 12 from 6pm-9pm (Dress Rehearsal)
The entire pageant day on Saturday, August 13
(If an applicant has pre-scheduled events on any of the above dates, they must indicate this on their application. Any more than one absence from rehearsal could lead to disqualification, which will be determined on a case by case basis.)
7. Attendance and punctuality to all Miss Chicago Chinatown 2016 pageant events and rehearsals will be tracked on a point basis and may be used to determine winners in the event of a tie.
8. You must have a talent presentation for the talent competition phase of the Pageant. Talent presentation is limited to 2 minutes. Applicants may be requested to present their talent prior to being selected to be a participant. Pageant contestants will be expected to present their talent during rehearsal, tentatively scheduled for July 30th.
9. The pageant will be have the following scenes. Contestants will be required to provide their own clothing and accessories (i.e. shoes, jewelry, etc.) for each scene except for the swimsuit portion.
• Opening Scene with Self Introductions – Outfit theme TBD
• Evening Scene – Contestant must provide their own evening dress
• Qipao Scene – Contestant must provide their own qipao dress
• Talent Portion – Contestant must provide their own outfit that fits their talent.
• Swimsuit Scene – Swimsuit provided by Miss Chicago Chinatown pageant. Contestant must provide their own accessories.
10. The swimsuit competition phase of the pageant requires the contestant to model a one-piece swimsuit which will be provided by the Miss Chicago Chinatown Pageant. Swimsuits will be identical for all contestants.
11. Hair and Make-up will be provided to the contestants for the pageant day only. The contestants will need to arrange their own hair and make-up to be professionally done for the photo shoot on the weekend of July 9th & 10th.
12. The Queen will receive a Cash Prize of $2,000 and round-trip airfare to the 2017 Miss Chinatown USA Competition. The First Princess will receive a Cash Prize of $1,500.00 and round-trip airfare to the 2018 Miss Chinatown USA Competition. The Second Princess will receive a Cash Prize of $750.00. All other contestants will receive $100 Cash Prize. If the Queen does not participate in the Miss Chinatown USA competition, she will relinquish the designated airfare ticket to the First Princess.
Participation in the Miss Chinatown USA Competition is not guaranteed and is based on their entry requirements and scheduling. The designated airfare ticket is only to attend the Miss Chinatown USA Competition and cannot be redeemed for personal use. Therefore, if the Queen and First Princess do not attend the Miss Chinatown USA pageant, they will not receive the airfare to San Francisco.
13. There will also be awards for Miss Congeniality and Miss Photogenic. Miss Congeniality will be voted on by fellow contestants and Miss Photogenic will be voted on by guest attendees at the Miss Chicago Chinatown Pageant.
14. The Winners of this Pageant (Queen, First and Second Princess) must be available, at minimum, for the following functions. Failure to attend the events may result in forfeiture of all the title and may be required to return all gifts and cash prizes.
Chinese American Civic Council Lunar New Year Celebration (February/March of 2017 & 2018)
Chinatown Lunar New Year Parade (February of 2017 & 2018)
Chinatown Summer Fair (July 2017 & 2018)
Crowning of Miss Chicago Chinatown 2018
15. Should the Queen relocate outside of the 150-mile radius of Chicago she will forfeit her title and be replaced by the First Princess, forfeiture of the crown AND REQUIRED TO return ALL cash awards.
16. The Queen and First Princess must be available to travel to San Francisco for Miss Chinatown USA for approximately
2 weeks around January and/or February 2017 (Queen) and 2018 (First Princess).
17. The Queen and members of her Court ARE NOT allowed to make public appearances without obtaining prior approval from the Chinese American Civic Council. All requests for public appearances of Miss Chicago Chinatown and/or members of her court must be submitted in writing to the Chinese American Civic Council.
18. Sponsorship of choice may be arranged before or after the applicant has qualified as a contestant. The Pageant Committee will obtain sponsors for contestants. Should you obtain your own sponsor, it will be with the understanding that you will be responsible for collecting and submitting the sponsor’s fee of $1,000. A completed Sponsorship Form, and print ready artwork (PREFERRED) for the program book must be submitted at the same time.
19. Contestants must conduct themselves in a professional manner during the entire Miss Chicago Chinatown Pageant process and while representing the Miss Chicago Chinatown Title. Good sportsmanship must be displayed at all times. Contestants must not publicly post or display, in any way, slanderous or defamatory remarks in public settings and social media against other contestants, the Miss Chicago Chinatown Pageant and its constituents, and the Chinese American Civic Council and all other affiliations and sponsors of this event. Any and all disruptive behavior will not be tolerated, and will result in immediate disqualifications and forfeiture of all gifts, prizes and awards associated with the Miss Chicago Chinatown Pageant.
20. Decisions made by the CACC in all matters relating to qualification standards, selection of candidates and winners shall be deemed final and confidential.
21. All photographs taken of contestants by the Miss Chicago Chinatown Pageant Committee shall remain the exclusive property of CACC. The Miss Chicago Chinatown Pageant Committee shall have the authority to take photographs of contestants for such purpose as may be deemed necessary.
22. The Miss Chicago Chinatown Pageant Committee reserves the right to disqualify any applicant for not adhering to all contest rules and regulations at any time.
23. In the event a winner is disqualified, the title, trophy, and all issued prizes/awards, or portions thereof, shall pass on to the next runner-up or contestant in succession, and there shall be no further obligation of any kind whatsoever on the part of the Miss Chicago Chinatown Pageant Committee, its Sponsors, Directors, or Officials toward such disqualified contestants.
24. Contestants will be served a Buffet dinner separately preceding the Pageant.
25. All Pageant attendees other than contestant must purchase a ticket.
The Pageant Nomination Committee will review all application forms and will notify applicants, subject to pageant guidelines, whether applications have been approved.
1. If you qualify to participate in the Pageant, you will be notified.
2. Qualified applicants may be asked to participant in an interview.
3. Chosen contestants will be notified no later than Thursday, July 7, 2016.
APPLICATION SUBMISSION INSTRUCTIONS:
Applications must be received by Tuesday, July 5, 2016.
1. Complete the enclosed entry form (please print or type) and return to below address by Tuesday, July 5, 2016 or as soon as possible:
Chinese American Civic Council
ATTN: Pageant Committee
P. O. Box 166082
Chicago, Illinois 60616-6082
2. Applications may also be submitted via email by Tuesday, July 5, 2016 or as soon as possible, with all necessary scanned attachments to email@example.com. Email application submissions should be titled “Miss Chicago Chinatown Contestant Application – <Insert Your First and Last Name>”. Applications are only valid once you have received a confirmation email.
3. Enclose a copy of your birth certificate or citizenship/alien registration if not born in the U.S.
4. Enclose a proof of residency (Driver’s License, State ID, recent utility or credit card bill with current address).
5. Enclose a recent good quality portrait and full length photo of yourself.
6. If you have a sponsor, please provide us with the sponsor’s name, address and contact person. Sponsor fee: $1,000 payable to “Chinese American Civic Council.”
7. Late applications will not be accepted.
FOR FURTHER INFORMATION:
Call: (773) 236-0103 (Stephanie Chan, Chair)